Thursday, April 22, 2010

 

Cold April evening.

Where were my gloves when I needed them?
Yes, I really could have done with them this evening....it was cold in the wind on the timekeeping steps this evening.
It was a small open meeting for the Haywards Heath club.
There were 5 timekeepers and we enjoyed a very amiable atmosphere - hardship often brings out the best in people......even Gerry!

I had even felt cold earlier in the day, even though the sun was shining. I had lots of boxes of stuff out in the back garden. These are boxes that I had begun to get ready for a car boot sale last autumn.
We really must start to get rid of it all.
We are planning to have a stall at Pease Pottage this Sunday.

The day began with a very minor disaster - a lens fell out of my glasses. These are my varifocals that I wear all the time.
A visit to the opticians was called for.
Whilst without them I realised just how much I need them - everything was so blurry. Driving would not have been good without them.
So I decided that I should have a spare pair of glasses.
I picked different frames, which I now like much better than the ones I have already - so the old ones will be the spare pair.
An expensive morning for me.
Then we popped into Marks and Spencers for Bill to buy some socks.
He came out with socks, sandals and a hat!

As you know I enjoy writing and maybe I have a small talent for it. Isobel thinks so anyway.
She was attempting to write a letter to the mother of her dearest friend, who died very recently.
Isobel was finding it hard to say what she meant and got a bit bogged down.
I helped create something which flowed well and said all she needed to say.
Glad to have been of service!

I saw a little of the political debate this evening - the second half.
Maybe I didn't see enough for a clear opinion to emerge - though I know what I think and who most agrees with me.
This evening it looks like there could be no clear majority for any party.
The leaders appear to have attracted equal parts of the support.

If only the politics of Thailand was as simple. Bangkok has been a battleground today.
Perhaps it is as well that later in the year we do not fly into Bangkok.
We will go to Phuket via Kuala Lumpar.

And now to bed. Goodnight.