Friday, February 19, 2010

 

Well, well, I missed blogging for a day!

It has been a long time since I missed a day on the blog.
Bill might have written a little yesterday evening, but he was exhausted.

I will start with the end of the day - only the last couple of hours were awful for me.
Bill and I had gone over to the sport's centre at Broadbridge Heath to timekeep at the indoor sprints meeting.
I felt tired and therefore was happy that Don took over as chief timekeeper.
All seemed well.
Suddenly I felt quite unwell - nausea, stomach pains and fierce headache.
I couldn't concentrate at all.
I told myself to sit still and wait until the meeting finished and I would get to bed as soon as possible.
I wondered about the cause - I was feeling like potassium levels were high. It could have been so. I had over indulged on mushrooms over the last couple of days, which I can't digest and are a high potassium food.
As I sat I was aware of another urgent problem.
That's right....... a leaking bag!
"Quick, Bill.... take me home"
The meeting was nearly over and somebody else took over as a timekeeper - thank you Keith.
And so, with head swimming, we drove back home and I had to deal with the urgent needs before I could lie down.
The night was baddish and I have felt weak today - but now able to cope with things.

Hopefully a good night's sleep will see me fit for Ford car boot sale, breakfast at the Balaton and then to The Hawth for Pirates of Penzance in the afternoon.

But yesterday was generally a good day.
We (Ekatarina and I) spent the morning with Carla and Julie - and Ecky played very happily with Emily and Gemma again.
They dressed up and played imaginative games.







Before we went home, Ecky was introduced the world of Wii.
For a complete beginner she did very well at ten pin bowling.
Tennis flummoxed her.
And the treasure seeking game played by flying an aeroplane round lots of islands was a triumph.


During the afternoon a wave of sadness hit Ekatarina as she realised that she missed her new friends and realised that it would be quite a long time until she would see them again.
I hope they will keep to their words of promise and will keep in touch via the computer.
Today, of course, I have been very quiet.
Jo and I had made plans that Ecky and Florence could spend time together - maybe at Wakehurst Place. The sun was quite bright today.
I explained to Jo that I felt rather too weak for walking round Wakehurst.
Sadly Florence also felt unwell.
So Ecky has had a quite day doing all sorts on the computer.
This afternoon Jane and Geoff came round - that's another of Bill's sisters.
Our meal - at least mine - was simple. Jacket potato and tuna.
Now to get some sleep and hopefully to feel strong enough for a chilly morning down on the coast.

Labels: