Friday, July 24, 2009

 

Sorting out problems

Bother....botheration!
I conceded today that I am suffering with depression. There is no reason of course - depression is beyond logic.
Acknowledging this condition is the beginning of controlling it - so that's good.

And then along comes something to increase anxiety levels - my computer is not functioning!
Well, not the computer - it is the router which has ceased to perform.
Bill's computer ought to function without the wireless, but for a while he couldn't bring up any broadband at all.
But patient, clever Bill has now got his computer working - so I am not devoid of computer facilities.
I am too tired to understand just what he has done.

Tomorrow he plans to have another go at setting up the wireless and if that doesn't work we will have to buy another.
It is not the same without my own machine - it is almost like the death of a friend!
But thank goodness I can deal with some EBay sales - only 4 books today. A couple of the payments are in and I promise to deal with payments within 48 hours - and normally very much more quickly.

I still have a number of physical health problems - mostly minor.
I didn't know until this morning that a cause of a red shiny tongue can be depression or stress. I do know that stress can cause mouth ulcers and I have one of those. I do wish my sense of taste would come back.
So, now I accept the problem perhaps I can start a bit of CBT - cognitive behavioural therapy - to turn my brain around. I still think my brain is believing that winter has arrived already.

But we are promised a good day for tomorrow. I want to go to Ford, have breakfast out and generally feel like I am having a nice day.

I suppose if there have to be causes of depression then I am still grieving for the 4 Js in Thailand. I spoke very briefly with Jessica today - she is 8 years old today. She was far too excited for long conversations for she had friends there. You may recall that I had felt stressed when I thought her birthday parcel had got lost again - well, it hadn't thank goodness. It was sitting in the PO Box for Sunrise Divers. Mam says that Jessica was delighted to receive her birthday things.

So I should end this little ramble and get to bed.

I have done 3 blog postings for you to enjoy (hopefully) if you want to see about Polesden Lacey. Just keep scrolling down.