Thursday, July 23, 2009

 

A brief introduction to today's day out.


Today we have enjoyed a day out.
We have not yet finished sorting photos but I have started with a taster from an internet site.
We felt we should go to Dorking to fill up a large empty space on Bill's shelves.
We spent longer in the shop than we intended - but then do we ever spend only a few minutes there?
There was work to do, customers to talk to, Jill and Hilary (on duty today) to talk to and so on.
Although not on duty, I dealt with some customers.
Bill and I have sold well since Monday - the big model aeroplane of Bill's helped with that total of course. But I was pleased to have sold the first of the Bunnykins jugs that I had bought at Pease Pottage on Sunday.
Eventually we did get away.
We decided to picnic before we got to Polesden Lacey.
We stopped on Ranmore Common where there are good views and a bench to sit on.
Rain showers had cleared and there were patches of blue sky, though it was very breezy.
Many have discovered Polesden Lacey before us of course - it is the 5th most visited National Trust property. But this was our first visit and it won't be our last.
The setting is stunning with fine views.
We were blessed that until the end of the month there is a sculpture exhibition with all sorts of interesting creations in the gardens.
Maybe we will take Ekatarina there next week before the exhibition finishes.
The grounds were lovely.
The house interior was lavish.
Tomorrow I shall investigate further the life of the owners of this house - quite a story really.
So, at last, I have found the energy to explore my world again. My body is not fully fit - but better than it was last week.
Maybe I have attacked the rising problems quickly enough.
We will call a halt now - make a cup of tea and watch the recorded highlights of today's time trials in Le Tour de France; Wiggins needs to do well.
Goodnight.