Friday, July 17, 2009

 

George's trip and a visitor to Monkland.

If you have clicked on to the Facebook link and are expecting to see all about the Big Buddha, you will find those pictures below the ramblings about this rainy day.

There had been quite a wild storm yesterday evening, but today there has just been rain. I gather things have been worse to the west of us.



Our first job of the day was to give George his turn in the medical appointments diary.
Alberto, the vet, was pleased to see that his health has much improved and that he has put on weight.
Another sample of blood was taken for testing - we will know tomorrow what Alberto thinks of the results.
I would not be happy at this stage about George having surgery - though in the long run that might be more cost effective than a life time of blood tests and tablets.
I truly do not equate the happiness of our cats with money - but I do come from a rural background, where cats just fended for themselves out in the barns.
I promise that George will not suffer and we will do all we can to make sure he has a long and happy life.



The event of the afternoon was a visit from Dave Olliffe.
He needed something done for him.
He wanted Bill to scan some maps of the route down from Nottingham for his daughter and then to email them to her.
And why couldn't he do this for himself? Well, its because he still uses dial up for any computer activity, rather than broadband.
And he doesn't own a scanner.
This is strange..... after all he always knows what is best and doesn't hesitate to tell people. He has led us to believe in the past that he is quite a computer expert.
And why can't his daughter look for her own maps on the net?

Actually I nearly rowed with him! Not about computers.

Bill has a picture as his screen saver, taken from Telscombe, showing Mount Caburn.



Nice picture - I took it 2 years ago.
He looked at it and started to tell me what was where - apparently the building on the ridge to the left is the car park on The Downs near Firle Beacon! Lewes, he said could not be over that ridge.
When I know I am right then I am happy to argue my case. If I have any doubts I tend to shut up.
This time I knew I was right.
But I was already annoyed with him - just for being him..... so right and so not interested in anybody else.
Thank goodness he thinks it is right for him not to be on the timekeepers steps anymore.

We have watched Le Tour de France of course. Goodness they experienced some wild weather today. Fancy cycling 150 miles in a rain storm?
We are still waiting for something decisive to happen.
The English cricketers have been quite decisive, making the Aussies squirm a bit this time.

Tomorrow's forecast is not too bad. We will get up early and go to Ford. I am not sure what else we will do - perhaps not too much this week.

Right time for a cuppa and to watch Emmerdale which we recorded earlier.
Goodnight.

Don't forget the Big Buddha below!