Wednesday, July 15, 2009

 

Briefly Wednesday

It is now nearly 11 o'clock, so I should not be long writing a blog posting.

We have been out this evening to an athletics meeting. I thought I should be the chief timekeeper, but Marilyn offered to do it and I was very happy to agree to that and work with her.

We got home to watch Who Do You Think You Are - the family history programme. It would not advance anybody's genealogy skills, but it is great chance to pry into somebody else's life.
Then we watched the recording we did of Le Tour de France.
Our man did it again - Mark Cavendish won the stage and he has won the green jersey back. Let us hope he can keep it now until Paris.

This morning we went into town to collect our glasses.
I am not sure now that I like one of my pairs - too big and heavy perhaps for my face. And at the moment they are not comfortable; I shall have to return and have them adjusted.
But they did the job at athletics - I could see clearly all that was going on.
This afternoon I described and listed some more things. I want to empty the July box of books and maybe not deal with too much whilst Ashley and Ecky are with us.

Bill was busier - he went out and cut the lawns.

And now I think it is bed time.
Good night.