Tuesday, July 07, 2009

 

Oh mercy me!

Most of the time I throw myself at life and do my best to ignore the messages my body is sending me.
Most of the time, maybe, those messages don't come through with much force.
But every now and then my body seems to send a telegram written out in red capital letters - ignore me at your peril!
I have felt really run down for a few days.
I remember that walking round the Edenbridge boot sale was hard work. My brain didn't focus well and I bought very little. Though I am very pleased with the white cotton shirts I bought at £2 each - £2 - I don't normally pay that much!
And of course Sunday was a long day at the athletics - enjoyable, but needing some concentration.
Yesterday I really enjoyed dinner at Goffs Manor with Stephen and Julie - but once home I realised that my body had had enough.
This morning I awoke with the old familiar feeling that has been part of my life for years now.
Nausea! I hate it. It makes little difference if you lie down or sit up the body feels like it is spinning.
My head has ached and I have felt weak and with poor balance.
Oh mercy me - I do go on!
Let me release my moans on my blog, dear friends and family. It actually stops me feeling sorry for myself.
So, I didn't do the ironing - but bless, dear Bill - he did it.
Just as he is now doing a pile of washing up.
I have pushed myself to achieve something useful and gradually got through all the things that were waiting to be written up in my stock book.
It is all out in the garage now.
I will take some more tablets and go to bed soon.
I am forever an optimist and tomorrow is another day and I will start (hopefully) to be back to my old self.
I am ending with a web site for Phuket gazette - John's picture appears in the paper this week.
http://www.phuketgazette.net/news/index.asp?id=7546

There he is with Teacher Gemma - on an American war ship.
This is the picture chosen to accompany an article about the school policy towards swine flu.

It takes a little while to upload - it is the whole newspaper.

At least I haven't suggested I have got that!