Monday, July 06, 2009

 

Tiring day

I went to bed tired last night and woke up tired again this morning.
What is in the air right now?
I am not alone in feeling fatigued and very slightly off colour.

The day in the shop seemed long and without much to say was stimulating.
I can report that the naffest of the "ornyments" that I bought in recently, now has a new home.
This sale alone does almost nothing to recover the money I paid out - but its a start.
It was not actually boring or unpleasant of course at the shop - but not enough happened today.
Maybe the people of Dorking were all too tired to come out.
Monika was so tired too that she actually fell asleep!
Bill did at least wait until he got home to drop off!

And yet we have enjoyed a lovely evening out.
We met our nephew Stephen and Bill's sister, Julie at Goffs Manor for a meal.
We ate well and have talked and talked.
Excellent.
Three hours of stimulating company to liven us.

But now it is time for a quick cuppa and then bed.
I am looking forward to Tuesday - which I hope will be a day of rest.
Though I can see lots that should be done, like writing up the purchases of the weekend and making the ironing pile disappear once again.

So goodnight.