Friday, July 03, 2009

 

Friday not doing so very much

A gentle day in Monkland.

A bit of a grey day too - yes, the sun has shone a bit, but not the way I like it. After heavy overnight rain it was quite murky when we got up.

It was not so calm at Wimbledon - a match of great skill and tenseness this afternoon.
It was not that Andy Murray played badly - he was brilliant at times.
It was just that Andy Roddick was also brilliant and won points at the critical times. Good luck to him in the final on Sunday.
I hope the newspaper inquest will not now begin the process of trying to paint a picture of a British tennis player who doesn't have the strength of mind and body to win. The media have it in their power to destroy when they have a mind to.

Sorry - non sports lovers! Oh and Le Tour de France begins tomorrow!


My activities have been bitty - and still not finished.


I had 14 philosophy books finishing on EBay today - the 14 books that I bought for just 50p. Well, 8 of them sold this time.
Ashley can now take a look at the remainder before I re-list them on EBay.


I began to describe books - ready to be listed tomorrow. I only got 6 out and still have done only 4 of them.


This afternoon we went to Lidl - and just for a change we went to Horley. It didn't seem as good as it used to, with lots of gaps on the shelves. But they did have the frozen packs of yellow fin sole which are so good. I have 2 packs in the freezer.
If you read down to my Thailand posting today you will see that something there has inspired me to return to Lidl tomorrow for a purchase.


I have "skype chatted" with Mam and Jamie - facing a tax bill that was not expected. It seems they have been undercharged for some years.A friend's accountant is on the case and has cut the amount they owe quite considerably - but still a worry.

I talked with Ashley - happy that he has solved his computer problems. Ecky is happy too - now she can get back to her games.

And what else - well, I confess I have played Bouncing Balls - a facebook game. There is a little rivalry between members of the family on this one.

Now scroll down and scan the menu of items on offer for your delights at the Sapan Hin food fair in may.