Monday, June 29, 2009

 

Bill's part of Pilgrims Antiques.

I am writing my blog this evening with a tennis match being played in the background - so I keep a check on that and am constantly not thinking about photos and blog but quickly bringing the tennis match up in vision.
I think it is the first time I have ever bothered to have a TV programme running whilst doing other computer work.
And Andy Murray obviously realised that we, in the UK, were missing drama when a Brit plays a match - he lost the first set.
I think he is now on course to proceed into the next round. BY the time you read this you just might know differently.

Andy Murray is working hard and Bill has also worked hard today.
Others have worked too - and I have dealt with the customers and so have not worked really hard.
People know me and appreciate that I find hidden energy when the weather is hot, but most others seem to wilt. The potential customers mostly chose to stay at home.
We sold just 4 things all day - one of them was mine. Look back to my "kitchen" area in yesterday's pictures and you will see the iron cockerel door stop - it now lives in another's home.

Bill's first job was a walk round to Wickes to buy some lamps that he could put under the wooden shelves to brighten up the items below.
So he spent the morning with lamps and cables.
The lighting further improves all that he did yesterday.


This was yesterday of course. You can see the wooden shelves with one locking cabinet on the left hand side.



Now for some close up pictures of the things that Bill has for sale - such a contrast to my area of course.
That is the advantage of a centre - each person who sells concentrates on the sort of things that interest them the most.

Please do enlarge the pictures for a better look by clicking on the picture and then using back arrow to return to the full blog.








The man with his legs in the air is actually a tea pot!
The next 3 pictures show things inside the cabinet.






I have chosen not to have a locking cabinet so sometimes I have to ask Bill to squeeze something into his - small and more valuable things might be just too tempting to a few people left free to wander around at the back of the shop.
The cabinet (now on the other side of the room) that Bill emptied now has jewellery and silver and miscellaneous bits in. It has been taken over by Anne who has had connections with the shop for many years, though she has not been buying and selling for a long time. I guess she and her friend who is sharing with her, have things stowed away at home for now that they can sell.
So there was activity on that side of the room too.
Tomorrow we need a little less activity. But we will be going into town for eye tests.
Bill will get out and cut the grass early - before it gets hot. I have ironing to do some time - perhaps that is an early morning job too.
But for now - I'll get back to the tennis.