Thursday, June 25, 2009

 

Ambling through Thursday

It has been another day of not doing very much - well, so it seems.

I had planned to describe books this morning, but just as I was finishing a game of Bouncing Ball to clear my head, Frieda came round.
She is almost 88 years old and we had her drooling over a bare chested man - no, not Bill!
She has had a hidden passion for Clint Walker for many a long year - 50 years or more.
It was he who was in Cheyenne on TV.
So we looked at his biographies on the computer and then I looked on EBay to see what was available. We can buy printed photographs of the man and she was really excited at the prospect.
So we will buy one or two and frame them for her instead of a birthday card.
Sometimes I wonder what is in Frieda's mind - but at least we know she has a heart that flutters!
Somehow that was nearly all the morning gone.

I didn't mind for I needed rest. I had been feeling really quite fragile at the athletics last night - very gutty and a bad head ache. I just couldn't seem to think straight and it was just as well that Marilyn volunteered to be the chief timekeeper.
It got cold, too, at the track. The wind was chilly.

This afternoon I did describe 6 more things for EBay. Please let the Bookano book sell well! These books are special pop up books from the 1930s and 1940s and are valued at at least £60 in some quarters.
It has 2 watchers already.
I also have a 1928 copy of The Kings Breakfast by A A Milne as a piece of music by H Fraser Simpson. Its not a first edition - that was in 1925, but I am hoping it is early enough to appeal.

I have also been through the things I bought from the woman in Leigh yesterday - it all needed a good wash.
If things sold I might double my money, so not a disaster.
One of the ornaments will probably go on EBay.

And then there was the tennis - now, where was the drama? Our boys are supposed to fail (and all of them have except one) and even the successful ones are supposed to have us nervous wrecks wondering how things will turn out. Today Andy Murray sailed through an easy match. No doubt the dramas will come next week.

After dinner we went and did shopping in Asda. We haven't done a big shop for 3 weeks. Tomorrow we will also call into Lidl and maybe get some fruit and veg from the market in The Square.

And that has been my day.

Apart from doing a blog about the first part of Bill's birthday - way back now, over a month ago. Scroll down.