Monday, June 22, 2009

 

The Monday Mugs!

Am I a mug?
Can people take advantage of me too easily?
I guess not really - after all we each make our own decisions about who we want to be.
But one day maybe Bill and I ought to arrive at the shop and announce that we need to go out for lunch together and leave Monika and Julie to look after the place.
For we do seem to look after the shop on Mondays whilst they have freedom to come and go as they please.
No - I am not grumbling really because we are happy to be busy.

The day began with Ashley in Crawley and now he is 300 miles away.
We miss you of course, Ashley.
We dropped him off at the station and then went to Dorking.
We were early enough for Bill to visit Wickes because the web site said that the wanted shelves were now available.
So now we have shelves for the shop and Bill can hand over a cabinet for somebody else to use.
That work will be done on Sunday - it is too much to do whilst customers are in the shop.

Not that customers have troubled us a great deal today - it is a slack time just now.

I bought a clock yesterday which I freely admit is a modern quartz clock but looking very old fashioned - the sort of thing the shop Past Times might sell.
I wanted to put the clock on my shelves - I wonder why it involved moving so much!
I am glad I got it done early - before Jo came and pulled her own area apart.
Now her area looks fresh and attractive again.
The way our selling areas look can quite quickly get stale.
I love to keep moving stuff about and so does Jo.
I guess Julie realised that and somehow I found myself arranging things differently for her.
She buys very little in these days and sometimes I do wonder just why she has the things she does have. But its all a matter of taste.

And this evening I have watched a little tennis - the first day of Wimbledon. Drama on the Centre Court as the gallant Frenchman crashed into fencing at the edge of the court and looked in terrible pain; bad enough at any time - but on match point against you and after a hard match it must have seemed so unfair.

Right - an early night is required.
I need rest and relaxation - played a Facebook game for a while this evening. It reminded me of an old favourite we had once called Stib.

Goodnight.