Saturday, July 04, 2009

 

Busy times

No time or energy this evening to think of presenting any Thai photographs.
We have been out for much of the day.
We will be out all day tomorrow and again on Monday.
It is good to be busy, of course.

Today we have been to 2 car boot sales.
The first was at Faygate - never very exciting; and today was less so than usual.
But there are plenty of people there that we know.
We bought more clothes than things to sell.

We got back home and I prepared a cooked breakfast - we had bacon in the fridge that was at its use by date.

I did have a little time to do some EBay business - there was a payment in from Gore Infidel. This was not a person's name I discovered, but the name of a record label - the one which progressive, experimental rock musician Dave Swain uses. Maybe he and the record label are one.
I only knew this because a communication from this buyer included a web site.

I have also had a look at another web site - Suzie's web site. (Suzie is the wife of my half brother for those that don't know).
She seems to have passion for clothes and a feeling that it is her calling to dress people well.
When in London she was a personal shopper for a while.
This site is not yet ready to bring in financial reward I guess - but one day, maybe.

www.fcank.com

You will see for yourself what the letters stand for!

High street clothes outlets are appraised on this site.

I am not sure what Suzie would do about me - dressing myself almost entirely from other people's cast offs, bought at car boot sales.
I love shopping that way and come home with lots of very wearable clothes and lately I think I have developed a style that is mine.
I love to wear white.
Or maybe black.
I sometimes have some brighter colours - but don't feel happy in bold patterns - would prefer there to be no patterned fabric in fact.

By half past eleven we were on our way again to Edenbridge. We were too early.
I think last year the 1 0'clock start for this boot sale had inched earlier and earlier and we were there to take advantage of the early sellers.
But today sellers had to queue until the allotted time.
We sat and relaxed with a drink, watching the people driving in and commenting on what they looked like. That's a good game between friends!

Bill bought a Southern railway signalling lamp.
I bought a few items that I hope will sell.
And we bought more clothes!
We also bought cherries - supposed to have been picked in Kent just an hour and a half earlier.
I have enjoyed what I have eaten - but fear I didn't manage to digest them properly!

I do now have my blender - to do things with fruit in a way my digestion can cope with (hopefully!). I am not sure when I shall use it for the first time.

We called in on Ruth before heading for home.
I had a tiny present.
We were looking at a stall and the stall holders were chatting to themselves as they took things out of their car. There was a small ornament and they wondered if it would only mean something to them - a trinket from Madagscar, where they had been.
I smiled and suggested that by some strange coincidence we were probably the only people at the sale who might have a Madagascar connection and explained the story.
We talked a while and they gave me the wooden ornament of 2 chameleons.
Dede has now returned to Madagascar. Ruth is still unsure about the future of a close relationship with him now, but he says he wants to come back to England.

I listened to some of the women's tennis final on the radio in the car. And I forgot about the 1 st stage of the Tour de France.

When we got home I had to forego watching sport to wrap parcels, send invoices and deal with payments.

And now it is time for a drink, a shower and then bed.
Tomorrow we will go to the boot sale at Pease Pottage. We must be back by half past nine to get ready for the athletics championships at Brighton.