Thursday, May 07, 2009

 

Bags are packed and ready to go

Like most mornings we woke up and Bill pottered downstairs and made a cup of tea. I sat with my tea and the cross word book (Daily Telegraph cryptic).
We showered and breakfasted and thought of the day ahead.
"What shall we do today?"
The weather looked a bit unfriendly - cloudy, windy and seemed rather chilly.
"I know" I said, "Lets go to Thailand!"
And that is what we are about to do.
But of course you knew that already.
Right up to this minute we are part of our cosy little world and all seems normal.
I am chatting with Jamie as I write.
The kettle will go on for a cup of tea when Bill comes downstairs.
Just like any ordinary day.
But it is not ordinary of course. In 45 minutes we will get our luggage to the bus stop and go to Gatwick. Shame our plane doesn't leave from there. We then get the coach to Heathrow.
We then will have to hang around for the necessary 3 hours.
Then, at last, 12 hours on the plane to Bangkok.
Change planes and just over an hour to Phuket.
Meet the family at the airport.
We will get to Jamie's house about 22 hours after leaving our house if all goes well.
I shall blog almost every day - so keep a look out for our news.
Right, time to grab my bags (all of them wee bags too of course!), my book and my crosswords and time to go.
Back late May 26th.