Monday, May 04, 2009

 

May Bank Holiday.

http://www.crawleyobserver.co.uk/news/Angry-residents-blast-39ludicrous39-development.5216222.jp

I begin with this web site. I forgot to paste it in last week.
I put it in facebook and in an email to Roger and then forgot about the blog.
I wonder if there will be more about this matter in this week's paper - Ashley says he has written to the Crawley Observer.
And he posted some wonderful comments on the council planning site for the proposed development.

This morning, feeling weary, we were glad to have opted for a local boot sale which started at half past nine - except this one had started earlier than that.
It was huge.
The field must be a quarter of a mile long and there were so many aisles of stalls across the field.
We must have walked a good distance - but slowly and over sloping uneven ground.
We were out for 3 hours.
Oh my aching legs!
We didn't buy as much as yesterday.
I have a couple of books that might do well. One is a book about Edinburgh by Robert Louis Stevenson from very early 20th century - but not a first edition.
I also bought some trousers - 3/4 length.

We bought bread and a few bits in Sainsbury's. I bought some cheap leggings there which are great to wear under a skirt.
I have them in mind to be at the top of my luggage for our journey back from Thailand. We get back to Gatwick late in the evening - it could be chilly or raining. I don't want to shiver in summer clothes at the bus stop.

This afternoon I sat on the sofa writing up all the items bought today and some from yesterday.
And as I worked I watched Your 100 Best Musicals. The first part was yesterday afternoon.
The top 5 were pretty much mine - and yet I am sad to leave a few others out of my top 5 list.
These were Grease, Sound of Music, West Side Story (my all time favourite), Mary Poppins and Oliver.
I could have also included Evita, Oklahoma, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, My Fair lady etc etc - I think they were all in the top 20.

Well, that was today - told briefly.

Tomorrow I will have my hair cut and then we will go to Dorking to collect any takings, pay the rent for May and leave things tidy and interesting.

Time to put the kettle on.