Wednesday, April 29, 2009

 

Picture of me or a woodpecker?

The Crawley Observer, in their wisdom, opted for a picture of a greater spotted woodpecker instead of one showing us.
Pity they called the bird a great speckled woodpecker, but we all know not to expect accuracy from a newspaper.
I think I was quoted fairly accurately - but wish I hadn't sounded so pleasant and fair. I had said that I accepted a need for a medical centre and that is true - but it won't be what other protesters would want to hear from me.
Anyway my grievance is now in the public domain.

And with the sunshine on "our" field today I do feel aggrieved.
The sunshine was pleasant for a walk to the post office.

I don't seem to have crossed enough off my Things to Do list today. But we were out this afternoon for much longer than expected.
We arrived at the hospital in plenty of time for the appointment with Julie, the stoma nurse.
She was scurrying about back and forth - apologising as she passed us. She had a patient tucked away and was to-ing and fro-ing for equipment to remove a clip. And then she put out a call for the help of a doctor and of course that took time.
My own appointment was quick and easy.
I just wonder why when Julie seems almost to throw a new wee bag on it stays dry and when I tried on Monday afternoon at the shop there were problems.
Julie had been on a course recently and found out more about my blue skin. She had not seen it before seeing mine, but had heard about it. It seems that it is a recognised and acceptable thing that happens - purple bag syndrome!
So with a few other reassurances we were on our way. We walked out of the room straight into Bill's sister Jane and Geoff.
They had been at the hospital all day. Jane has a long list of things that should be sorted if possible. Hopefully her breast cancer is sorted. She will have a rigid cystoscopy on Friday - I had a few of those. It involves a general anaesthetic and an overnight stay. I don't think Jane has what I had.
Today she was there for other problems.

We called in at the big pet store on the way home and have bought about 2 months supply of food for the cats. I must write out instructions for Frieda who will be feeding the cats for nearly 3 weeks. Rose will be on hand to help if necessary.

Bill is doing the ironing right now - so I feel guilty.
Somehow we will get done all that needs doing before next Thursday.

Tomorrow we will be at the shop all day - rain is expected again, so maybe it will feel a bit like Monday.

Goodnight.