Saturday, April 25, 2009

 

Saturday - Ford, Littlehampton and where?

The rain was beating down as we began our journey this morning.
Just as we got to the point where we might have veered off to the left to drive back home we spied blue sky to the south west.
We carried on and by the time we got to Ford is was a lovely morning.
We stopped first at the house clearance man who we favour - have heard that his other job is a vicar.
Bill bought just the camera he coveted 20 years ago. In this digital age it is now a collector's piece. It is a Canon A1 with 2 extra lenses and all sorts of odds and ends.
So he was back to the car straight away.


Between us we spent a lot of money today - for us.
But that's fine because we won't be stock buying for 3 weeks in May.
I bought few books today but did buy a variety of interesting things, including a 1950s coffee table with a tiled top, some of which show stylised veteran cars.
Now where am I going to put that in Dorking?
I bought other china and glass that interested me.
Bill bought 17 road signs - ones to fit with model car layouts.
And there was loads more.


I bought something for my Crawley collection - a heavy container and lid from an original Crawley firm who were on the Manor Royal Industrial Estate.
This modern factory estate gave me a sense of pride in my modern town.
I don't think very much is made there any more.



We arrived in Littlehampton, feeling that we should not spend too much time out today. We breakfasted well with our hosts in The Balaton. We strolled a little by the river and then drove home.



We have written up all the purchases and everything is stowed on shelves in the garage.



I have chatted with Jamie. He had been looking through old family pictures and commented on one that foretold Ashley's Christian commitment perhaps. We knew when it was taken - but have no idea where.

Anyway I am busy talking again now - Roger and Sue and Megan are here and I will not spend my time at the computer.

Goodnight.