Thursday, April 23, 2009

 

Thursday chores - and no bluebells.

I promised you bluebells.
Sorry I am still not organised. Both Bill and I have sorted out our pictures but we have not yet put them together.
It has been a busy day.
We have 2 weeks before our departure for Thailand and there comes a point when my natural way of looking at things must be overcome.
I do not generally think ahead very well.
But obviously we need to feel sure that we have all that we need before going so far from home.
Jamie will chuckle at that - Thailand is not a 3rd world country and everything (almost) that we can get in the UK can be got there.
Basically I realise that we must make sure that we have enough medication and stoma items.
So today I got organised with a list of things to be done.
This included ordering a gift to take for Jamie and Mam, writing comments on the web site about the proposed plans for the medical centre opposite our house, sending some photos that I took of Julie Pilgrims to her daughter in France, dealing with payments, invoicing for more sold items, emailing to some recent contacts etc etc.
Bill has been to the dentist and this afternoon he had a blood test. I went with him for that so that we could then do the food shopping together, post parcels and drop things off at a charity shop.
I called in at the hair dresser to see if Rob could do my hair 2 days before we go - and he can.
The day just slipped away in all these little chores.
There are still more on the list.
I want to phone the airline again to make sure about proper transfer of luggage and to see if they need to make a note for the benefit of the aircrew of my special needs if the wee bag springs a leak.
Which has just reminded me that I should ring the stoma nurse. She wanted to see me again either tomorrow or next Wednesday - as the potential problem is under control it can be left for Wednesday.
This evening I escaped the list of chores to be a timekeeper.
It was heading to be a very pleasant evening - 5 of us working together; we are good, confident and happy people and we looked forward to chat and relaxation.
Then about 20 minutes late, Gerry turned up.
He is such a pain! But I enjoyed the banter between him and David. David has such a dry sense of humour and even Gerry could see that he was being put down and not taken seriously. It didn't stop him though!
But despite him it was still an enjoyable evening.
We got a few chips from the shop on the way home.
And now it has gone half past ten.
Tomorrow there will be bluebells!
Goodnight.