Monday, April 20, 2009

 

Monday.

Suddenly this evening life has caught up with me.
I want to sleep!

We have had a good day in the shop.
The clock that Bill took in on Thursday and was put in my area, sold today. We delivered it on our way home.
I sold the quite beautiful old potato masher that I had bought at an Anglesey boot sale last month.
Saturday had been an even better day for us. We sold lots of items.
So my theory that it wouldn't be worth taking much in because there had only been 2 days of selling since we were last there failed to be true.

The sun has shone and it was warm in Dorking - everywhere but in the shop I think.
The walk to the post office felt summery.
The shop has the characteristics of a cave - cold!
Although even in the shop it was warm enough to have the back door open for a while.

We got home late - taking a roundabout route, after setting up the mantel clock; we came home via Leith hill - well, no walk to the top for us today.
I was glad then of my diligence yesterday - with a lovely shepherds pie which only needed popping into the oven.
It was good.

And now at 9 o'clock I am very close to thinking that I would like to be in bed - but first a cup of tea.
Good night.