Friday, April 24, 2009

 

Friday chores and bluebell carpets

This time in 2 weeks we should be under a light weight cover in Thailand trying to catch up on some sleep.
But today has been a busy day at home as I cross more things off my Things to Do list.
The sun has shone once again.

There has been the usual EBay work culminating in a pleasant walk to the post office this afternoon.
We have sorted out our repeat prescription orders for medication needed during the next couple of months. It is so easy now that we can order on-line.
I made an appointment to see the stoma nurse next Wednesday. I am not sure why she needs to see me - but I am happy that she wants to be sure that I am in control and that the sore patch is healing.
I phoned the airline to check how much they needed to know. Perhaps all I need to do is warn the air hostess assigned to our section of the plane that I might need extra assistance, but hopefully not.
I was told that all is in order for our luggage. It will be booked in for Phuket at Heathrow and therefore should end up there at the same time as us.
I have caught up with a few emails - more of them to be done before we go away, if possible.
We chatted with somebody who lives close by that we know a fair amount about, but have never spoken to before.
Cryptic eh?
We call her "a sister". There are 2 sisters who were sort of friends with our friends Dee and Andrew before the latter moved to France. I think the sisters took advantage of their good nature.
Anyway this sister called on us about the proposed development in front of the house. She is outraged - though it is not in front of her house. She has talked to the local paper about it and says it will be featured next week and that a reporter is coming on Monday. We told her that we would not be around that day and she said she would try to get the reporter to come on Tuesday instead.
I don't think we will get anywhere, but I am prepared to join in some sort of protest on this matter.
This afternoon I coloured my hair. It badly needed it - my dark hair, mostly a dark grey these days I think, had grown a lot since I last did it. It is now a bit lighter all over and I am pleased. Bill asked if I wanted to do it again before we went away and I thought not. Then he suggested that perhaps I could buy some hair colouring in Thailand and Mam could help me do it. That is a good idea. I look forward to it Mam!
Bill has cut all the lawns in the front - exhausting work he finds these days. And he has cleaned all the house windows as well as cleaning the car.
It is now half past six and I must get on with cooking some food to go with the smoked mackerel in peppercorns that we are having.

This evening we shall rest - in readiness for a day out tomorrow at Ford, Littlehampton and who knows where!
So tonight we shall settle down and watch some TV - I am hoping I shall enjoy the re-incarnation of Reginald Perrin with Martin Clunes.

Now for some bluebell pictures.
Normally I like a very varied selection of pictures for the blog - but today it is wall to wall bluebells; a carpet of bluebells, just like we saw.
Imagine the joy of that walk in the woods with the cuckoo calling close by.
I have some other Emmetts pictures that I shall share another day.
















The last picture, below, shows bluebells growing round an emmet nest (or hill). An emmet is a country name for an ant.
Don't forget - newcomers - that any picture can be enlarged by clicking on it with the mouse. You can get straight back to the blog using the back arrow at the top of your screen.