Monday, April 27, 2009

 

A wet day

Not the best of days really.

Picking up my envelopes with the money and tickets from last week's sales at the shop was a fine activity. I have had 2 really good weeks.

But outside the rain was beating down hard and no matter how hopeful we tried to be, it was very wet all day.

Wet, I regret to say in more ways than one. Yes - I had a wee problem, which turned into a major problem because an hour after I thought I had successfully dealt with it, there was that nasty evidence that I had failed.
We just had to leave early to get home and deal with things properly - at least I hope all will now be well.
I don't need reminders just now, with our long journey not too far away, of how things can go awkwardly wrong.

Sales were few in the shop today - as we very much expected. This afternoon was very quiet. Lets hope the Tuesday crew do better.

We have had a long conversation with one of the young women who live next door this evening. I had wondered if the "girls" who rent the house next door would care very much about the proposed development. After all they are just tenants and could move on at any time. But they do care and this neighbour (I forget her name) had printed off information for people who might know nothing of it.
The publication of the planning application in the local paper was published very late and just last weekend one announcement was tied to one lamp post for people to read.
There really is bad feeling - which I hope the local paper will pick up on. The reporter came today but left a note for us to contact her tomorrow.
Unfortunately I am cynical and reckon this is already a done deal.
But individuals have to stand up and be counted.

Right - I want to relax now. The earlier problems combined with feeling very cold have made my body feel very tense.
Goodnight.