Wednesday, January 28, 2009

 

Nothing much - as I used to reply to What did you do at school today!

I just haven't got on top of things today.
My daily list of "Things to Do" has slipped away and so I haven't done anything much.

This morning we took Jane to Guildford for her radiotherapy. There are just 3 more treatments to go and then an appraisal of what might be needed next.
It was a grey gloomy wet morning and I found the Guildford road tensing me up.
Last week I sat and looked out of the window with my present day eyes. This morning I think the eyes of 1991 -92 had taken over and the familiar landmarks of that journey took me back to my own times at St Lukes.
We stopped for no cups of tea today - we all felt a bit down because of the weather and I was trying to think of the many things that Bill wanted to get done.

He has paid for the bathroom fittings now and they will be delivered tomorrow.
I don't know when Jim will do the work. We'll chat to him tomorrow at an athletics meeting.
Bill bought tiles and glue and bits ready to build up the level of the kitchen floor, ready to lay the carpet tiles.
Tomorrow we (he) will take up the old carpet - so there will be a trip to the dump.
I do offer to help - but either I am not clever enough or I get in the way or maybe Bill is trying to spare me from hard physical work.

Bill has now booked our seats on the flight to Bangkok. We wanted to be sure of being in the best possible place for us. And although we love the window seats, these days aisle seats might be better and we have opted for seats close to the disabled loo, just in case there could be a bag problem.
The woman at the airline said that we would have to collect our baggage at Bangkok and then book in again for the flight to Phuket - and then said that there wouldn't actually be time to do that.
So Bill has been on to Dial a Flight who booked the seats for us and the guy had never heard of such a thing and of course our luggage will be transferred for us.
I hope he is right.
Anyway I shall have a vast amount of medication and stoma equipment in my hand luggage and very little else.

The afternoon and evening rather drifted away from me.
I must do better - write it out 100 times! Did writing lines at school ever actually do any good?

Right I will make a drink, watch some TV and get to bed.

Goodnight.