Saturday, January 31, 2009

 

The new living room floor.

One of us is quite tired this evening and the other one is utterly exhausted!
I think you might be able to guess who is aching and weary tonight.
Bill has completed (well almost) the living room floor; he knows of a tiny little addition he wants to make, but you would not know of it by looking at his work.
As I said yesterday evening, I am just so delighted with the room, now finished and looking just as I had hoped and planned.
Poor Bill has had a trip to the dump with the old carpet and a trip to B &Q for more tiles - we hadn't calculated quite enough.
But worse than all of that was a day on his fragile knees and lots of standing up and kneeling down and stretching and bending.
Thank you Bill for the hard work and your skills - it really has been worth it.
This morning I photographed 8 more things for EBay and got them described; interesting things I think. I have an AA map of Northern India. It is a printed map - but from a hand drawn original. It dates from the 1930s.
This evening we had a small pork joint and roast potatoes and all the trimmings. The pork was half price when I bought it in Asda on Thursday because it was at its sell by date.
Now for a few photos.
First we see the kitchen end of the room with the new carpet tiles and the mat which has been down since last November.
The flash has turned the cupboards white - they are actually cream - like the top cupboards look.

And now for the other end - the dining room table and the computer. The computer turns the dining room table into a desk for much of the time.


And the table is also a place for George to recline.
He spends a lot of time there, especially when I am at the computer, which is often.
He loves to roll my pens and pencils onto the floor or to nudge me if I have ignored him for too long.


When I took the pictures it was the cat's tea time and they were prowling around wondering when one of us would feed them.
This is Harry.
Both cats have been most suspicious of all the upheaval and changes in their world.