Friday, January 30, 2009

 

Good things on Friday.

Hooray!
The living room is beginning to look as I saw it in my mind way back last October.
I think the "living room" should be the name of the kitchen/diningroom/office.
Bill has done about a third of the floor now in the carpet tiles - a straw coloured cord carpet - and so now by the front window, where the dining room table is it is beginning to look really good.
Tomorrow I will take some photographs.

The day began with dealing with a few EBay sales - bundles of postcards that I have had for ages and I am not sure where they came from. Well some of them came from Ashley.
Ashley I think I owe you £1.25 - that's the amount left after charges for the Fylde coast postcards, which have been posted today to Cleveleys.

I just had time to send off the invoices before Ruth arrived for our trip to Horsham.
Felix has been going to a toddlers music club for some time.
It is hard for Ruth to be Felix's companion with the singing and actions etc if Otto is restless. So it was my job to keep Otto amused.
The leader is excellent.
Ruth is not sure that Felix really sees the point of it all and may not continue.
The highlight of Felix's morning is seeing a big lorry, or a bus ... or a train of course. Excitement built as we neared Horsham station.... would there be a train at the platform? Yes! Hooray!
And on the way home we stopped at a level crossing and a train passed either way.

This afternoon I dealt with payments and walked to the post office.
After a winter with an addled brain this seemed like an achievement!
There was no dithering, I put on my coat and went - and I even decided to buy a local paper without any difficulty.
That this was an achievement just shows how bad I have been feeling.
The SAD lamp is helping already.

Later Jane and Geoff came round. They brought a beautiful flowering plant to thank us for the 2 trips to Guildford. We hadn't wanted any petrol money - when somebody is in need you just do something.
The plant is lovely and looks very fine on the dining room table - on the new floor covering.

And right now I am watching a great TV programme on BBC 4. The computer is in the sitting room right now, so I can write and watch at the same time. We are watching a concert by Bruce Springsteen - I didn't realise that I liked him that much before. He is singing songs from an album - We Shall Overcome - The Seeger Days. It is very folk and country (even jazz) - indeed We Shall Overcome is the song right now and its very moving.
Looks like there might be a CD purchase some time. It is just inspiring music. We must have it.

So lots of good things today.
Tomorrow we will stay at home. Bill will continue with the floor. It doesn't matter if he doesn't finish it - I don't want him hurting his body.