Saturday, October 25, 2008

 

25th Oct. Back home.

We are back!
It all happens so quickly - ending a holiday and being back in our own home and getting some work done.
The week has been special for many reasons.
I think the emotion I felt as we sailed out into the Solent was mostly because I remembered that this time last year there could be no thoughts of holidays. Would I even have another holiday?
We have packed this week as full as maybe - living life up to the maximum, grabbing at opportunities. And of course we are tired.
I shall be writing up episodes on the blog as time goes along - with pictures of course!
We have seen so much and some of the coastal views are breathtaking.
Today has been full too - a bit chilly, but packed with incidents.
We looked at Yarmouth on the north west coast - nice town, with a nice cafe selling sea food chowder. But the chowder didn't quite match the mussel, prawn and fish chowder we enjoyed in the sunshine at Ventnor.
We walked in Parkhurst Forest after lunch in the hope of seeing red squirrels. I did see one as we drove in the car during last week, but there were none today, despite other people telling us of how groups would come and "play". There are no grey squirrels on the I of W.
That's it for today. One load of washing has been done and we have eaten a light meal.
Goodnight.