Thursday, October 16, 2008

 

16th Oct. Recovering slowly

Well, here I am again.
I can't say I am well - indeed, if I hadn't had yesterday I would have felt like complaining about feeling yukky today.
But yesterday was horrible, leaving me virtually incapable of doing very much.
I must be a really horrible person because I have been glad to know that my brother has felt just as bad as me.
This is because it left me sure that I have a bug, which will soon go, rather than a flare up of high potassium. The symptoms were much the same.
Today after 12 hours in bed, I got up and had a much needed shower.
My legs felt like I had been for a long run rather than stood in the bathroom for a matter of minutes.
But I have been up all day and felt more alert.
So, hopefully I will have the strength tomorrow to sort out what is needed to take to the Isle of Wight on Saturday.
I think food shopping will have to wait until we get off the ferry - I know there is a Lidls close by.
Talking of food, I have eaten today - but very little.
I have lost half a stone this week.
And that is just what I thought I ought to lose - but of course as normality returns the weight will creep up again.
Basically that will be it for tonight.
I will try to stay up a bit longer this evening - BBC 4 have a steam trains night.
But when I go up, in a moment, to put on nightdress and dressing gown the bed might look just too alluring.
Goodnight.
And thanks to Grandpa for writing something yesterday - I didn't know until just now.