Wednesday, June 04, 2008

 

04 June. They think its all over - it is now!

So, we have been together in Rocking Horse for the very last time.
Keys have been handed in and Joy and Peter have locked the door on a chapter of their life - and all of ours.

This evening we had tables set up in a square in the middle of the empty shop and people wrote down their orders from the Chinese take away menu.
The Peking Chef is next door and in fact it is the owners of that shop who also own what has been Rocking Horse.

The food was superb and there was plenty to drink - mostly of the non alcoholic kind because each obviously had to drive to the gathering.
There was lots of chatter and laughter - quietening for a short moment when the food was served!
I ate squid for the very first time - thanks to Sue's son James for that. And I found I liked it.

Pictures have been taken - but I will not deal with them this evening.

I shall be a few days catching up with myself I should think. But I will hope to do the final Rocking Horse pictures tomorrow.

By then the camera will be full of pictures because tomorrow we shall be at the South of England Show.
I'll do them on Friday - in time for more pictures taken at our niece Michelle's wedding on Saturday.

It is hard to feel sad after such a happy evening. We have lost the shop, but not our friends.
It is time to look forward to whatever is coming next - "Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of our lives".

Goodnight.