Monday, June 02, 2008

 

02 June Going Going .... almost gone.

Rocking Horse is rapidly being taken to pieces.
Today we went over there at about half past one and found it to be much emptier than we had left it yesterday.

This morning, at home, I began to feel a little tearful about it all; it is a time of grieving, amongst all the hopes for interesting new chapters.
Tomorrow would have been my day in the shop. Obviously in the past (without me realising), quite early during a Monday I would have had thoughts about what needed to be sorted before my Tuesday duty. It was quite a shock when one of those Monday thoughts flitted through my head and I realised there need never again be such thoughts.



This afternoon we walked through the door to a sad scene. It is hard to see now that my old area in the middle (the island area I always called it) would have been behind the pillar and plastic sack in the foreground.

And this is the area that has been mine for eight and a half years.


Bill wheels another load of boxes out to the car.


I saved these handkerchief vases until last.
I think they symbolise what I have been trying to achieve since my first day in the shop with Jo at Turners Hill.
I always wanted the cheap and cheerful wares from the 1950s to be central to my displays.
I shall certainly keep one of these vases as a souvenir of my shop life.

My area is going......

.... going!

I think there is a kind of serendipity about the very last item that I sold in Rocking Horse.
The Monks of Monkland sold a monk! A little collectable cream jug.