Thursday, March 29, 2007

 

2nd March. Eating at Danang

Danang - the word is full of memories and special occasions. It has been a favourite place for Jamie and Mam for some years.
I look back to the last night of our first Thai trip. We ate at a table under that tree. That was five years ago and the tree has grown taller and maybe some of the lower branches have been removed. I can remember walking on the beach with baby Jessica and holding her in my arms to explore the colour and texture of the big leaves, which we could reach on that night.
The moon was full that night too.
John loves the moon.



Mam and I have taken our chairs and we are looking through the menu - I think they usually have mostly the same things. We were amongst the first diners of the evening.



Mam has iced coffee - John's bottle of milk sits on the table with Bear looking on.
Can you see the white container with tissues? Every cafe and restaurant table in Thailand provides a supply of tissues.


Jamie and I study the menu - I maybe asked for some beef with cashew nuts. When Thai families eat, a number of dishes are ordered and everybody helps themselves to anything they fancy. And of course there is rice.



This was the first time I had been to Danang before nightfall. The tide was out, but racing in quite fast. Danang is by Chalong Bay - the huge wide inlet between the two southerly Capes.


Jessica and John played on the sand whilst we were waiting for our meal.
Jessica enjoyed watching the sand flow through a sieve.

John played with the sand toys.