Wednesday, June 26, 2013


Too busy for pictures.

I have pictures in the camera of my garden.
I worked really hard this morning, planting and arranging.
But time has run away after a busy day.

Before gardening I was busy with computing - no, not playing games.
Bill's brother came round to help me make sense of our router. I wondered if we needed a new one. In fact Michael brought round a spare one, that he had bought at a car boot sale; we didn't need it.
We have a router - have had it a long time.
It was bought to link my computer to Bill's computer. I am not sure why, but Bill felt happier having the router wired to my computer and it works just fine.
But, supposing one of us had a laptop or tablet?
Or, much more likely, visitors wanted to use their own laptops?
We really needed a wifi system.
I always believed that our router could and should be wifi.
Michael agreed.
But the problem was that Bill didn't know what he had called our router nor did he know the password.
Michael found a list of wifis in the locality - but which one was ours? Eventually I found the name of one  amongst Bill's papers. This matched the list that Michael brought up of available wifi systems.  Wonder why it is BAC1-11.
Michael was then able to get onto the router manufacturer - it is a Belkin and found out how to find your own password if it has been forgotten.
Hooray! It all worked out just fine. We have wifi, and that will be useful for my phone as well. And when son and grand daughter come to stay they will be able to do the computing that they want to do.

So, then out into the garden. I am really pleased with what I have achieved. I should have watered things today; but all the hours were filled.

After lunch I was with the dentist. At the moment we have a wax set of dentures for me. These have been measured and adjusted by Mr C. I return a week on Friday to do the same again. Then the week after that the final dentures will be ready.
I wish I could depend on it all being easy; but I am guessing it will take time to adjust.
I told the dentist that I would like to be able to eat a Magnum ice lolly/cream with my teeth in. I tried this last week, with the existing temporary denture and I just couldn't bite into the frozen chocolate exterior. My gums did a better job than the false teeth.

Then we went into town. We needed to go to the bank. Bill forgot his credit card number and he was sent a new one. I think he forgot to activate it. He tried to use it to buy fuel for the car and failed.
The lady in Santander was so helpful and helped him to sort it. I asked if he could have the same pin number as me....I cannot forget my number; so now I will always know Bill's number.
We bought a few items of food whilst in the town.

Then back home and, at last, I could watch a bit of tennis from Wimbledon. What a very strange Wimbledon it is this year! The stars are being beaten, others are falling and hurting themselves and withdrawing from the competition.
Maria Scharapova is both star and a faller.......and beaten. I just watched the end of that match, when "ping pong"...........the sound of a posting on Facebook.
Donna was just announcing that she was just leaving home to be at the Crawley athletics track.
Well, that sprung me into action.....tonight's meeting had not been written down and thus I had made no plans to be there.
So, what a blessing to get that Facebook posting!
We were there in time and I was chief for a very busy meeting. We were home much later than the programme suggested.

And now to bed. Up early to go off to Ford and Littlehampton.