Thursday, March 14, 2013

 

Swanbourne Lake Arundel.

Should we get up early and go out in the cold?
I am so glad that we did.
I wish I could have found more to buy at Ford - but I look back on that episode as being only a very small part of our day out.
We drove to Arundel afterwards.....and a little beyond.
We have walked at Swanbourne Lake once before and I knew there was an interesting looking little cafe there.
This was to be our venue for a late breakfast.


I am guessing that it might have once been a lodge house on the Arundel Castle Estate.

We sat in the big square bay window, overlooking the lake and all the bird life.

We were surrounded by ornamental teapots.













We had poached eggs on toast and a pot of tea. It was really warm behind the glass.

Bill poses by the teapot depicting a monkey couple......my picture depicts the 3 wise monkeys.


There were masses of water fowl.










































Here the birds were trampling over each other and a man's shoes (he was feeding them) to get the prize titbits.


Memories of a loved one by the lake. It was warm enough to sit out (with a coat on) for a while.



It was lovely to see the blue sky again.
Just a brief time....we are promised more grey and rain at the weekend.





































The snow lingers in a valley on The Downs.










Arundel Castle.