Wednesday, March 06, 2013

 

Family past and present.

Feeling low!
There could be a number of causes. but I am guessing that painful head and sinuses are the main cause.
A niece reported that she is now on antibiotics for the same thing.
Maybe I should go down that route.
I'll give it a few more days.

Today I have been playing with photos of my grand daughter.
Lovely photos. I know the family will like the photos.
But sad that my mother was deprived of the chance to know almost all her descendants. She met just one grand son as a baby.
Her birthday was a few days ago.......not yet 90, she would have been.
That's not old - well, not as old as our next door neighbour.
She would have loved knowing of the three great grandchildren we have provided.....and those that my brothers' families have produced.
Then I get all confused.
She would have loved young Felix and Otto.......we all do. But hang on there,  without her early death, this branch of the family could not have existed.
Each life is as it is......some lives are short and some are long.
I am grateful that my life has been as long as it has.........there were times when we all doubted I could grow old.
So - sad to look back.
But so joyous that I have had the chance to know my grandchildren.

We have our travel insurance sorted now for our trip to see the Thai grandchildren.

I would have liked to have shown mother my iPhone. What a piece of magic!
Difficult to manipulate and find my way around at this stage. I have managed to write a short message for facebook on it today.
Tomorrow I will allow the salesman to transfer my phonebook from the old phone to the new phone.


She was sent a voucher for her birthday for the shop Accessorise.
She went off, on her own, to pick out what she wanted.
She chose the hat.