Saturday, February 16, 2013

 

Saturday routine.

Saturday routine.
I feel that the weekly exact repetitions should be rationed.
Going to Ford is part of my business....we go there so that I can find things to sell in the shop and thus keep the mildly profitable hobby going.
I shall not give that up.
I just yearn for some different experiences afterwards - a cup of tea somewhere different maybe?
There were a lot of people at Ford. Bill doesn't like it crowded......he is even less likely to give any thought to buying things.
I found it hard to get going today too. I have come home with more West German pottery - I found the German couple selling it at a good price; they have got to know me now.
They also sold me a continenetal washboard.
I also bought 2 photographs of a bride - wedding photos are collected.
These are superb quality and beautifully framed. They were produced at the studio of Karl Vandyk of Buckingham Palace Road in the 20s or 30s.
Vandyk was one of the top society and art photographers of the day - and he was chosen by royalty for sittings.
My first buy had been a book about Haigh, the acid bath murderer - it contains more pictures of the workshop at the bottom of Bill's garden where bodies were disposed of.
Then we went to Littlehampton - of course.
But Wetherspoons were not serving Eggs Bendict this morning.
Now, I have been having one of those grumpy days - feeling awkward and pernickety. We all get them sometimes, I guess.
If Wetherspoons couldn't give me what I wanted, I would go to somebody who could.
So we joined the diners and coffeee drinkers in The Harbour Light Cafe instead.
And then we took our customary walk.
Of course I took a few pictures - photographs which I played with when I got home; just to make them feel different.













The tide was out and the raised spit of pebbles that stretches out to sea was uncovered - so water on both sides.





Tiny waves on a gentle sea.




Crocuses in the park.

The afternoon was spent resting - some of it watching athletics on TV.
I have unpacked my purchases - but that is all.

This evening we watched a film - getting routine for a Saturday evening.
The star was Jim Carrey - known for romantic comedy, particularly the comedy.
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind had some comedy, but was weird - several stages too weird for Bill who likes films to have a beginning, a middle and an end.
Jim Carrey and Kate Winslett had been in a relationship, which she thought was damaging her. In this science fiction world she could make an appointment to have all memories of her man erased from her brain.
When he found out he decided to do the same.
But as his brain went through his memories in the process he realised he loved her.
It was mostly his memories and perceptions that dominated the film.

Tomorrow will, I think, be an at home day. We have things to sort out before we go to Newcastle.