Monday, November 19, 2012

 

Being in the shop.

Monday - being in the shop day.
Somehow or other I got it into my head to move some shelves - which meant re-arranging things of course.
Sensible really - physical work helps to keep the mind focused and helps to keep the body warm.
I like my section and the customers like it too - they bought from it every day last week. The November accounts will look healthy.
I didn't get round to taking any photos though.
I was too busy talking and eating goodies - soft goodies. I still can't seem to bite on things. I had to discard baby sweetcorn in the chicken casserole - couldn't bite them or chew them.
So the teeth situation is still awkward - wonder if that is how it will be for life. But the hurt has reduced quite a lot.
I called in at the shop 2 doors away from Pilgrims for a while. It is Monika's shop. She has taken on a vast venture, running her own shop - but is happily following a dream. She has made the interior look really good - suddenly I can see the appeal of shabby chic. I am glad she is not too far away from us.
Tonight we came home and packed the car ready for our journey.....well, we have packed Ashley's things. These are the boxes of books, CDs, DVDs etc that he bought at car boot sales on 2 trips to us.
We have yet to pack our own things.
But we don't intend to start our journey early - 10 o'clock will be about right.I am looking forward to being taken to all sorts of interesting places and eating houses with our son in Geordieland. It will be fun having days out with him.
Having missed out on being there for half term week, we will see less of grand daughter than we would like.
We can have cosy evenings at home with her.
And on Saturday I think the intention is to buy her a mobile phone - sensible now that she is journeying to and from school alone. It will be a phone with a camera, but will not be an all singing, all dancing phone that can connect to the world wide web.She has her laptop for that.
Also on Saturday we will go to Tynemouth for the flea market in the lovely Victorian metro station.
We will be back on Sunday evening - all ready for it to be Monday again....a being in the shop day.