Tuesday, August 14, 2012

 

Farewell to mother and grandma!

Today was a day to pack away my role as mother and grandma and find my own individuality once again.
I am a lazy individual really and today I allowed laziness free reign so as to get my energy back.
I always have a hurt inside when it is time to part from loved ones.
I hate walking back inside the house which was so full of loved ones and find it feeling so empty.
By evening though, I had already adjusted.
Here's a last picture of the family - for the time being.


Here we are on Devil's Dyke with our books and our drawings.

As the morning progressed I heard news that made me realise that the farewells just uttered were really nothing.
I heard of the death of a child.
A young relation of my daughter in law in Thailand was killed by a motorist whilst riding her bike with her older sister.
The older sister was badly injured.
Such a permanent and sudden farewell is so poignant and beyond my imagination really.

I enjoyed sorting out all the remaining photos from our Sussex holiday. Good memories. I shall get Asda (or some such place) to create a photo album to send to young E.
Here is one that doesn't include people.


Quite awe inspiring.






























This evening we have been out - putting my feet very firmly back in my world.
We went to see Jo - friend and fellow seller.
We called in her as we had asked her to bring Bill's change purse back from the Dorking shop.
We chatted for  ages. It was lovely.
And lovely to learn a bit more about the doings of  others....yes, we love a gossip!

The house is reasonably tidy again. Ashley and young E are back home.
The holiday is over - let's look forward to the next chapter.