Sunday, April 08, 2012

 

Athletics summer season has begun.

Disappointed!
I took another lovely dog photograph today and it isn't on the camera. Why? I don't know. It hasn't happened before.
Never mind, there should be another opportunity for Belle to pose for me.
We met today at the athletics track - and could meet again in 2 weeks time.
What a busy day!
Fortunately the early morning rain ceased and then held off for the rest of the day.
Many, many people of all ages wanted to get the summer season on the track started.There were over 80 races - haven't had time to count. Haven't had time to check the electric times either.
So no bragging or despondency from either Bill or me.
I am proud of how smoothly the meeting ran, knowing that in some way that it was down to me.
There were so many 100 metre races that the programme ran behind quite early on - so I needed to be quick and decisive when making decisions; no faffing about, or the meeting would fall further and further behind.
I think we caught up a bit.
My team was strong. I had feared some problems, but. there were 4 of us, which is just adequate; especially when the 4 are skilled and reliable.
It was a fun day.
We have a new young prodigy in the club - Joseph Massimo. He is still under 13. Jamie ran regularly against his speedy father, Franco, all those years ago.
Joe has already run 26.6 for 200 metres and equalled the 20 year old club record.

This evening we have been packing. We will be away for 5 nights. We can no longer (did we ever?) grab a tooth brush and a change of underwear and be on our way.
Fragile bodies need more thought and more medication and equipment. That must be the first priority.
So big bags are packed now - wish we would be leaving on a jet plane.
No, we have the 350 mile drive in what might be lots of rain.
I think next time we might fly to Newcastle on a jet plane. I know this would restrict us a bit......but we don't really need to get out of Newcastle. There is a lot of Newcastle to explore, indoors and out.

They may no blogs posted whilst we are away. That depends on the state of Ashley's computer, how many other things need (need?) to be done on the computer, how many other things we might be doing and how tired we are. Ashley has suggested a folk club on Wednesday evening.
Anyway normal service will restart next weekend.
Have a good week everybody.