Tuesday, April 03, 2012

 

Various health matters.

Good intentions - yes, there were a few.
But they got themselves lost.
Where did they go I wonder?
Maybe the intentions went off with my oomph!
I am not making excuses for myself but there might be a physical cause.
My blood pressure is usually admirably below what is considered normal. This make me very fortunate.
But it has a tendency to drop....and in the last few days I have been checking it.
This morning it was 99/60.
This is still not dangerously low - but experts point to a number of symptoms which can result from this low blood pressure.
It might have something to do with the problems in my parathyroid glands.
I shall monitor the situation for a month and then see where I am at. Normally things improve of their own accord - particularly if I eat wisely for my digestion.
Anybody else have this problem?
Another reason for intentions going astray were not down to me at all.
The afternoon was pretty well wasted. I went with Bill for his regular blood test. I went because I wanted to pop into Asda for some hair colouring.....couldn't ask Bill to choose that.
We arrived at the door of the hospital to find people milling about outside and many more hovering inside the main entrance.
The fire alarm had gone off - nobody could enter until the problem had been solved. It was probably caused by the workmen.
We stood about for a while and then decided to go and do the little bit of shopping.
We had lost patience.......which led to this comment on facebook
"Better to lose patience at the hospital than to lose patients at the hospital"
We returned and all was well. We waited only a short while in the bloods department. Bill was in and out in a flash - and no blood had been taken. The GP's office staff had failed to include vital instructions in with the letter they sent about the blood test.
And so, we continued on our rounds and went to the GP's. Bill got the necessary form.
But by this time the bloods department was closed for the day.
Tomorrow is another day - one which includes a dental appointment for Bill about a broken tooth.
I have been trying to phone French Julie for 2 days - no reply. Naturally I was most concerned. An email to her daughter in France got a speedy reply. Julie had fallen again and had been admitted to hospital. She is now in a hospital at Molesey and seems to quite like the place. She will be there for 2 weeks and then be assessed again.
I have news of rain. It would hardly show up on a rain gauge, but the leaves of plants would have appreciated it.
Ashley has had snow in Newcastle. The forecast is that the snow will be gone by the time we go there.