Tuesday, March 27, 2012

 

Treats and Threats.

What a treat! A day of chatting with a really good friend.
I was in the shop with Jo today - a lovely, lovely person. We must have been talking for well over 4 hours before we did any of our work - apart from dealing with a few customers and people hoping that we might buy their things.
Nothing of mine sold at the shop today - but I did sell on EBay this evening......but not the 1950s table.
I didn't really encourage its sale by saying that the buyer would have to collect.
Now what?
Bill doesn't really want it.
I love it.
I guess sometime it will have to go - maybe at a car boot sale.
Now, I won't be getting political about this.....but can anybody tell me if any tanker drivers have ever been killed or injured in the normal course of their duties? I haven't heard of any; and yet the proposed  strike seems to imply that safety levels are far too low. So what is it all for?
I have already heard of service stations cashing in on the potential panic buying. One woman on local radio said she called in at a garage to get petrol. The big lit up sign outside the forecourt telling you the price wasn't working........and lo and behold she was charged 5p a litre more than the price had been yesterday.
I hope it won't interfere with our planned visit to Newcastle on Easter Monday.