Friday, April 06, 2012

 

Things bought and flowers growing.

The sun was up, the sky was blue......hadn't decided what we should do.
It was cold. Frost on the grass.
We got up and quickly drove to Horsham, to Collyers School for the annual Heart Foundation car boot sale.
I was happy that we had made the effort, despite the icy fingers pushing my shopping trolley.
I bought a few good things.
This is a Dartington Glass vase from c 1970, designed by Frank Thrower, who had studied in Sweden.
Poole Pottery penguin.





























I bought other china and glass.
And I bought a hat. I don't know its age - but it looks and feels like 1920s. It is too small for me - but I modelled it anyway. Big ostrich feathers and maybe goose feathers.


Bill took the first one - but I wasn't posing as I had planned.

I tried again, taking the picture myself in the bedroom mirror.
It was difficult because I had removed my specs and therefore couldn't see clearly what I was doing.
Should I call it soft focus?
It was the more the pose I was looking for.













Today we have eaten fish and hot cross buns - no breaking with the traditions there for Good Friday.
I chided a contact on facebook for going shopping on Good Friday.
Then we did just that - things we need before we go away. I got what I deserved - hell on earth!

Later in the afternoon I remembered that I wanted to take a few flower photographs in the garden.
I opened the front door to a mighty cheer!
Not for me - the local football team had just scored a goal in the 90th minute of the game to salvage a draw.


Cowslips have been looking good with a background of tulips.



















Inside one of the tulips.




















Little daisies in the lawn - Bill had carefully mowed around the clump the other day.
Beautiful aren't they?
In contrast we have an extremely gaudy tulip.