Saturday, November 27, 2010

 

Cold day and a typewriter

What if?
Hard words to take one through the day.
What if we had got up and gone to Ford and Littlehampton this morning?
Would we have got really cold and therefore a bit miserable?
Would it have snowed - there are a few inches of snow along the coast of East Sussex?
Or would we have had a great time and found bargains that pleased us to sell?
Whatever!
We didn't go. We made tea and toast and enjoyed extra time in bed.
The only journeys out were for me to post some parcels and for Bill to fill the bird feeders - and back and forth to the garage as we took out stock that I finally got written up.
One of the things I was getting ready for the shop is a 1925 portable typewriter.
Now, one thing we all know is that typewriters do not have much appeal beyond a small collecting group. This typewriter looks interesting - almost a thing of beauty; that's why I bought it.
I was writing up a label to offer it for sale for £34.


But by this time our computers were behaving themselves again - or more likely Mr Tiscali had pulled his finger out and sorted a problem. At last I could get to things on line quickly and reliably. And so I discovered that just such a typewriter as this had sold for £343 on EBay just last month.

It was not a difficult decision to change my mind - the typewriter will not go to the shop on Monday. Maybe it will be listed on EBay tomorrow. I shall need some better photos.

And now we will debate possibilities for tomorrow morning as we drink our bedtime cuppa.