Friday, April 30, 2010

 

Keeping a check on things

No dramas and no photos today.
We have been out and about.

We have been to Dorking.
We took 2 boxes full of good books to the Oxfam book shop. I hope they can make money out of them.
We spent some time in Pilgrims.
I wanted to make sure all my glass was sorted out - there had been 13 items of it in the window and I had rearranged and left no room for it.
I needed to tidy the new kitchen shelves - there have been sales from that section since Monday.
Bill had a couple of old Voigtlander cameras to squeeze into his area.
It was a sociable morning. We chatted with Sue and Anne who were on duty.
Mick came in - he is the new boy. He arranged things in a cabinet which he is renting from today.
Monika came in too.

We then went off to get some lunch - and made a poor decision as it turned out.
We have been to the pub down the road three times now - The Old House at Home.
We ordered a lamb rogan josh.
I didn't really enjoy it all. I was longing for Wetherspoons quality and prices!
The tastiest part of the meal was some garlic bread.
But I am not eating bread right now.....and may have paid for my foolishness.
This pub is now off my list of suitable eating places.

Our drive home was via the East Surrey Hospital for me to have a blood test.
This is to check on Vitamin D and Calcium levels.
I see the endocrinology consultant next Friday.

We did a little shopping in Lidl and then we were pleased to get home for a cup of tea.

Thoughts of George often come into my head.
I think it is the same for little Harry.
We both stood and stared at the back door mat this morning.
I picked Harry up and lifted him onto the table beside me as I started to write this.... he has stayed to keep me company!
But he hasn't pushed the rubber onto the floor!

Weather forecast is OK for tomorrow so we will go to Ford.
It looks like Sunday mat be a stay at home day.
But hopefully we can get out hunting on the Bank Holiday Monday.

Have a good weekend.