Sunday, February 21, 2010

 

Raining.

At quarter past six this morning, Ekatarina declined to get up.
Wise move, Ecky!

Bill stayed home with her and Ashley and I ventured out on what seemed to have been a frosty morning.
But just as set off for Dorking we realised that the temperature was above freezing - lots of cloud cover.
And the clouds began to release their rain content.
"Ah well, it won't last long" we said to each other.
It did ease off whilst we were at Dorking - but we were not there for long.
Generally stall holders stayed away.
We bought nothing.
We drove home via Horley - in quite heavy rain.
It was the first Horley car boot sale of the year - and it was bigger than Dorking.
The rain eased whilst we were there.
We even bought things - I bought a little Shelley vase, which Ecky later admired and a couple of other items to sell. Ashley bought 4 CDs.

The one positive for me really was that I had driven to Dorking.
Almost always Bill and I go places together and I let him drive.
I have been warned that I shouldn't allow this to happen.
So I was happy to feel just as confident as I always was.

The rain continued hard all morning.

Ekatarina seemed much more fit when we got back and has been busy playing all day.
Meanwhile Ashley has started to suffer with the chesty cough and sinus condition. Bill has had it all week, really.
So nobody has done much today - except maybe eating and drinking.

I cooked a shoulder of lamb at lunchtime.
And for a change we had some dessert - a fruit salad, the basis of which was a pomelo, and ice cream.

I have written up the purchases of yesterday and the few from this morning. Most are packed in a box to take to the shop tomorrow - I shall have to tell Ecky when the little Shelley vase sells.

This afternoon we found Grease on TV - and I watched that until I fell asleep.

The adults had a boiled egg for tea. Ecky had spaghetti hoops - they have to be Heinz!


She eats with one hand and holds her book in the other.


Ordered to pose for the camera!
And I didn't have the flash on, so they look slightly ghostly!

Now, both Ashley and Ekatarina are in bed.
We have discussed arrangements for when we shall be together again.
The best idea seems to be that we visit at the summer half term holiday. Then perhaps we can bring back some of the things that they will need when they come to stay in the summer.

Labels: