Monday, August 24, 2009

 

Busy Pilgrims

Busy busy!
It has been a happy day at Pilgrims with many buying customers to share it with.
I always thought of August as being a lean month in the shops - and you would have thought that in these days of "credit crunch" sales would be few. But we have had the best month ever.
So perhaps the customer who came in just before 5 o'clock is on the right track - he will be opening an antiques shop just along the road in a month's time. Today he bought silver because he loves it, though he will be concentrating on furniture in his shop.
Of course the silver was not amongst mine or Bill's stock.
But I did sell well - one of those "ornyments" I bought at a woman's house a while back sold for £35. I also sold a 1960s vase to a German couple from Guglingen - Dorking's twin. And I sold a brooch.
We were busy also with our own areas.
I had bought the geometric knick knack shelves on Saturday. Bill hung them on the wall this afternoon for me and I then rearranged.
Monika and Julie have been kind enough to think of me on my "special" day tomorrow.
I have some little presents and cards.
Frieda called round when we got home with her card and gift and she also had some lovely flowers and a bottle of "medicine" from Jo, who had called in earlier.
Later we took a small gift to Jo - for her "special" day tomorrow. Hers is more special than mine!
Sadly, being us - we had not organised her bigger special present for the three score years and ten. It will be sorted, Jo.
Right, we must get to bed. Bill is already dozing. I still have a modicum of adrenalin flowing after the buzz of activity today.
Tomorrow we are having a day out.
We are meeting Roger and Sue in the car park of a National Trust property near Basingstoke - about half way between our two homes.
We will explore house and garden - 4 cameras at the ready!
Hopefully the weather will be fine and we will have a picnic at lunch time and maybe some afternoon tea somewhere later in the afternoon.
Depending on fatigue levels Bill and I might eat out in the evening - or maybe just get something take away.