Sunday, August 23, 2009

 

Sunday - day of work.

It is Sunday evening - the end of another busy day.
We made a mistake first thing - we assumed that the Reigate boot sale takes place on the 2nd and 4th Sunday each month; we were wrong - its the 2nd and last Sunday. We arrived at a nearly empty field, though we were not alone in our error.
So we drove quickly back to Crawley and went to the Pease Pottage boot sale once again.
It was very full of stalls and customers - and we had arrived later than normal and the crowds were already building up.
I bought some interesting books about UK towns, which seems to be my EBay speciality.
Everything has been written up.
I have a box ready to take to Pilgrims tomorrow - and so has Bill.
I described 6 more items for EBay. It will take time to get the box emptied - and I have started filling another box, which I would like to deal with during the 10 days of free listing.
Sport has been the background to life today.
I have been "watching" the cricket on the BBC web site - just the score card and comments. One of the comments was from a Jamie Monk in Thailand. He can see the cricket on his satellite channel.
As the scores and fallen wickets came up on the screen I joined with the millions both here and abroad getting increasingly excited because England would win back The Ashes.
The pictures I have seen have been from Berlin - the last day of the Athletics World Championships.
One of today's stars featured at Matt's induction as a Baptist Minister in Cirencester.
The athlete was not actually there - but the preacher from London used her and her ambitions and her family as a pivot on which to hang his spiritual message.
Today the dedication highlighted was rewarded. She was a medallist in the 1500 metres.
It might have been a bronze medal - but the "winner" was disqualified for knocking an athlete over and so Lisa Dobriskey won a silver medal - and was just one hundredth of a second behind the gold medallist.
These events are now over.
And so is the Tour of Ireland cycle race - the final day in torrential rain. We watched this as we enjoyed our dinner this evening.
And I almost forgot the Grand Prix. Bill watched the start - I think he dozed for a while during the race. I didn't see any of it this time.
Bill has finished printing Ekatarina's diary photographs today.
And I spent a while making the ironing pile disappear whilst dinner was cooking.
So, a busy day.
Of course we want a busy day at the shop tomorrow - but a rest would also be appreciated.