Wednesday, August 19, 2009

 

Frustration.

If this sounds muddled then I apologise. My brain feels addled.
This has been a truly frustrating day.
I guess it shouldn't be me feeling so frustrated - for it has been Bill working hard and failing to achieve.
What is happening to what was a happy computer set up?
I can't remember now what went wrong and when.
I suppose that first it was the sudden failure of my computer to be connected to broad band via the wireless router.
Bill tried to put that right.
But we called out the PC Doctor for help and all seemed to be well.
Then my computer began to freeze and the screen to break up - often.
Then it just failed to function.
So, a new box of tricks was installed.
Bill has successfully installed all the programmes like Turbo Lister.
But the wireless router was not working properly.
Broadband is available - but then when I do something it cuts off. A little later it appears again.
So Bill decided that maybe it might be best to connect broadband via cable. He went and bought a cable and spent time fitting it and putting it through the wall etc.
But it doesn't work. It just announces that something is not connected. What?
Bill talked to Pete for ages this afternoon. Pete is good at tinkering with computers. But, of course, Pete is 300 miles away.
So we are no further forward. I can use my computer and sometimes manage to do things on line...briefly.
It looks like the PC Doctor will have to return. The man who was with us yesterday has apparently been instructed to phone - but not sure when.
What frustrates me even more is that the wireless router opens broadband on the laptop upstairs.
So something is not set up right on my computer - but we don't know what.

I have been washing things. Mostly it has been the things purchased last weekend. There were some old interesting bottles. The Steyning ginger beer bottle was still filled with mud!
I have also cleaned some loo chains! I bought some in from somebody at the shop on Tuesday. They have nice ceramic handles.
I have polished a brass coal scuttle.
Everything has been written up and stowed in the garage.
I also cleaned the stains off all our tea spoons when I did the breakfast washing up.... not sure how and why we have 23 tea spoons

It has, of course, been hot. But the frustration we are feeling has masked any enjoyment of the sunshine.
I guess it will all get sorted some time. It is not actually life or death and shouldn't matter so very much.

I shall now spend some time with the TV - Who Do you Think You Are is on.