Tuesday, June 16, 2009

 

Working at home

Today has been a working day at home.
Bill and I have worked on different things.
I have ironed, written up all my purchases from the weekend, prepared a roast dinner, cut up lots of melon for us all to nibble and that sort of thing.
Bill has cut the lawns, planted some plants that we bought on Sunday and vacuumed the house.
Why can't I accept that "hoover" is a perfectly acceptable word these days?
We have never owned a hoover and I grew up shunning the use of the brand name as the word for using the vacuum cleaner.
Daft - I use "cellotape" every day!
We still both feel run down and slightly dodgy in the gut department.
We are also concerned for the health of George the cat. He is not distressed and shows no sign of pain. But he seems not to be holding his head up well and needs to lie down to support his head.
We should take him to the vet of course and no doubt we will.
But I don't like to do this to George - certainly he would have to stay there for Xrays and other tests.
Years ago that happened and after 4 days the vet asked if we wanted to take him home to die.
I wanted to do that.
And as soon as we got home, George was just fine and it almost seemed he had been fading away with homesickness whilst at the vets.
He knows that I saved him by bringing him home and has been extremely attached to me ever since.
We'll make a decision in the morning.
We will also decide what we should do with the day.
Or maybe we will wait until Thursday for an interesting day out with Ashley.

Sorry - I am getting behind with blogging photos. I have not yet looked at pictures that we took of Felix and Otto.
But scroll down for a few of a day out in Thailand - though do take my advice and click on to Jamie's version of the trip.