Monday, June 15, 2009

 

Pilgrims and a birthday

I really haven't felt too bad today - being an antiques dealer provides a bit of an adrenalin rush which can help carry one through a weak patch.
The body is a strange thing.
But our nephew Stephen (lives in Switzerland) added an extra insight into the workings of the body today.
He had been to the doctor feeling lethargic and run down - like Bill and I have been feeling.
Stephen was told it was hang over from the flu he had in January.
I think I'll claim that is what is wrong with me!
The first task of the morning was to sort a problem - the teapot of my tea set had been sold.
Hooray, was my first thought.
The buyer had bought quite a bit on Saturday.
But when he got home my tea pot and one of Jo's were not there. They had been left in Dorking and he was 150 miles away.
As luck would have it he had paid separately for these 2 items by cheque and agreed that the best thing to do was to destroy the cheque and he would have to do without the teapots.
I realised that I was happy about this because I felt sure it would be right to sell the tea set altogether.
So I have priced it up again!
The morning was quiet - in fact it was quiet all day - until the last hour. For much of the day the list of sales that I make stood at £27 - and £17 of that was for me.
We finished on £226 and we were late leaving.
All the other sales were for Jonathan - but he is a full time dealer and needs to sell well.
My blogs continue to look back - but I still have not had time to think about Thai pictures. Below are a few pictures of Geoff's party on Saturday.
And mostly my pictures were of the members of the family we see all too infrequently.
I shall put more on Facebook tomorrow.


First we have the birthday boy and rather too few candles! Jane looks on and our niece Liz holds the cake.

Liz - who was down for the weekend without Ben, her husband.


Liz and Barrie. - Niece and nephew.

Barrie and his wife Lyndsey - you may recall me describing their romantic wedding on the beach in New Zealand.


Liz and baby Isobel.
We didn't see Isobel's older brother, Henry. He had already snuggled down to sleep when we arrived.


We have some lovely pictures of Isobel Jane - but then she is a lovely little girl. She is 6 months old.


I enjoyed a happy time with my great niece.