Friday, February 27, 2009

 

Ode to Bill

I should be waxing lyrical this evening and finding the right words to pen an Ode to Bill.
He has been working so hard and today our bathroom is beginning to look like a room, albeit a very small one.
The wall paper is is up and so also is the new bathroom cabinet - with a huge mirror.
After decades of a tiny mirror that I could hardly crane my neck enough to see in, the new mirror is almost a bit scary!
Bathroom items have already been put into place - in the cabinet as far as is possible.
Just as in the kitchen, I have the philosophy that if it is not particularly ornamental, but is useful - then a place should be found for it where it can't be seen.
We had a good time throwing away near empty tubes of creams and things we have stored, but not used, for many years.
Sadly the room is not finished yet. That will need a few more days (and probably longer) yet.
We want something to go under the wash basin to store cleaning materials and other things.
And we must get some flooring down.
I think a trip to Ikea is on the agenda for next week.

I have worked too - doing the sort of things for which I have skills.
Though I am not sure how well I described books in German today. Bill bought some exceptionally classy and well produced car brochures at a car boot sale in Chichester - for Porsche, Mercedes and Audi. They are hardbacks in a silver or white binding with superb photographs.
These are now ready to be listed on EBay tomorrow afternoon along with 5 other items that were left in my February box.
I also have items finishing on EBay tomorrow afternoon.

I shall now have to put together a March box - get the pictures done and start describing next week.

Today the weather has been wonderful - the first of the really lovely Spring days. I guess it could be just an isolated treat, but it was wonderful.
It is a shame really that we gave ourselves yesterday a day a off to go to Nymans - today it would have been superb.
Never mind, we'll be back in a week or so.
This evening the clear sky had a little gem to please us - a crescent moon sat smiling just under a bright planet.

Tomorrow, they seem to suggest, will be a lot less bright. But we will go to Ford and hopefully find lots - for the shop and the March EBay box. Maybe there will be things we can use too.
I don't know what we will do after the car boot sale - a breakfast somewhere is always good. Maybe we will add some variation and have an hour or so in Arundel once again.

I must just have a grandmotherly brag!
Jamie told us today that Jessica had the results of some tests today and got 10/10 for maths; 10/10 for science; 15/15 for reading and 10/10 for phonics.
How I wish that our children could study phonics!
Now, I don't know if these tests were actually much too easy and if many got maximum marks.
But I do know that Jessica could not have achieved more and that is all we can ask.

Right - I must have a drink. Then maybe I will take a shower in our our slowly evolving lovely little bathroom.

Goodnight.