Tuesday, February 24, 2009

 

Pancake Day

Tuesdays seem to feel a bit flat these days and I fail to get myself going.

It was Shrove Tuesday of course - Mardi Gras, Carnival and other wonderful celebrations. And what do we have in the UK - pancake day!
And so, just for a change, we had a dessert after our meal.
Just as tradition demands I had mine with lemon juice and sugar.
Of course the mixture was non dairy and the pancakes were good and crispy at the edges.

Bill went to see the doctor and came home with a form for another blood test and an appointment next week for an ECG. Dr Oliver felt there was some irregularity in his heart beat. Now he has to find the cause of that and the swelling in Bill's ankles as the day wears on. Then, hopefully, something can be done about it.

I described and listed 8 more things on EBay. The last things that have gone on have not yet attracted much attention, but not having found as much as I would like over the last 3 months, I feel I am scarping the bottom of the barrel with my EBay items. The sash for the regalia of a dignitary in The Ancient order of Foresters should sell and there was a watcher quite quickly.

And that's about it for today.