Saturday, February 21, 2009

 

The sun shone down.

Today has been a star as far as the weather is concerned.
The temperature reached double figures, even in the shade. The sun shone brightly. If only it could stay that way now until next Winter - but it may be that winter still has some of its power and will return; I am sure there will be more grey days - but for now let us welcome the bright ones.
People, though, are stupid! An hour of sunshine sees them discarding their jackets along with their senses. I have seen people in shorts and sandals today - it really hasn't be warm enough for that, though maybe they thought so.

I have had another good EBay sale today. I mentioned before the 40 page guide book to Okehampton which was attracting a lot of attention. I thought that the bidding must surely have stopped at £32.01, and I think that bidder thought so too. But in the last minute a third person jumped in and outbid with £33.01. A very good return for 40p.
And for Jamie's benefit who had laughed at the nerd book collector who might want a Youth Hostels Association Guide to the hostels of the Peak District 1950/51 - the nerd had bid and will get his little book. This one sold for just £2.00.
I listed 6 more items today.
I am hopeful that a 1937 programme for a pageant at The Albert Hall might do well. This was the music of Mendelssohn's Elijah with costumes and dancing. The front cover is by a known artist. I have had this item for many years.

Bill has been grouting today. I think all the tiles are now in place and grouted in.
He is exhausted.
Now there needs to be wall paper put up in the bathroom and a lick of paint in the loo.
Then we must sort out the flooring, put up the bathroom cabinet and any other shelves we want and maybe look for some accessories. We have always kept toothbrushes and toothpastes in a pair of old mugs. I suddenly envisaged a pair of frosted glass beakers instead.

This morning we had a short walk to the post office. The records of motor races which sold yesterday are all on their way - one to the USA.
This afternoon we went to Asda for rice cakes - careful, Paula..... it was one of those that broke a tooth yesterday! Asda have the cheapest in town.
Then Bill needed some edging to go round the edge of the bath, below the tile line to cover the grouting. So, another trip to B &Q.

I am tired now. My digestion will not settle. Having promised to eat better I start to look for other causes of problems and come back to the daily dose of calcium powder. I see the endocrinologist again at the beginning of April. Can I really hang on until then? I did promise that I would take the proper dose every day.

Tomorrow morning we will go to Dorking for the car boot sale - and the one at Horley starts up again tomorrow, so we will see if anything interesting turns up there.

Goodnight.